The Guernsey Private Residential Landlords Association (the “GPRLA”) was founded in 2006 and has been celebrating its 10th Anniversary during 2016. During this time the association has built up the services on offer to both the landlords and tenants. We now have almost 200 members! The aim of the GPRLA is to represent, develop the interests of and improve the standing of private residential landlords in Guernsey. Another aim is for the Guernsey Private Residential Landlords Association to promote the establishment and maintenance of good standards of practice by the landlords. Some of the benefits of the Guernsey Landlords’ membership are:
- The GPRLA lease (which is petty debt compliant) which is free to use;
- Includes an independent mediation service;
- The association is used by and has referrals from the Citizen Advice Bureau, Guernsey States Housing Department and the Guernsey Housing Association;
- We are asked for our input on relevant topical issues by States bodies and the media;
- Members give each other advice and support on all letting issues.
- Discount offers to members e.g. Property Insurance and Cleaning services.