The Guernsey Private Residential Landlords Association (the “GPRLA”) was founded in 2006 so celebrated its 10th Anniversary in 2016 and is now into its 14th year. During this time the association has built up the services on offer to both the landlords and tenants. We now have over 200 landlord members and 9 associate letting agent members.
The aim of the GPRLA is to represent, develop the interests of and improve the standing of private residential landlords in Guernsey. Another aim is for the Guernsey Private Residential Landlords Association to promote the establishment and maintenance of good standards of practice by the landlords.
Some of the benefits of the Guernsey Landlords’ membership are:
- the GPRLA lease (which is petty debt compliant) is free for members to use;
- discount offers to members e.g. property insurance, appliance costs and cleaning services;
- an independent mediation service;
- the association is used by and has referrals from the Citizen Advice Guernsey, Guernsey States Housing and the Guernsey Housing Association;
- we are asked for our input on relevant topical issues by States bodies and the media;
- members give each other advice and support on all letting issues;
- members are kept up to date with changes in relevant local legislation;
- open meetings held 2 or 3 times a year with a speaker/s on subjects of mutual interest.