GUERNSEY ASBESTOS AWARENESS AND INFORMATION CONFERENCE
Sponsored by: ASR Ltd
Calling all employers / employees / homeowners / estate agents / site workers / landlords / asbestosis or mesothelioma suffers.
You are invited to attend the Guernsey Asbestos Awareness and Information Conference.
Date: 25 October 2018
Registration: from 11.30am
Start/Finish time: 12pm – 4pm
Location: The Victor Hugo Suit, St Pierre Park
RSVP: Via email – email@example.com
Cost: Free to attend
Guernsey’s first Asbestos conference will cover all key aspects of dealing with asbestos within your property (both commercial and residential) in order to build awareness and equip you with the essential knowledge and tools needed to dispose of asbestos safely and quickly.
Speakers: Mavis Nye, BCAh Co-Founder of the Mavis Nye Foundation, Ray Nye, Vice Chairman of the Mavis Nye Foundation, Keith Beacham, Asbestos Consultant / Health and Safety Officer, S503 CPP, IOSH and NEBOSH, Paul Chamberlain, Director at Wefitrpe Ltd, Accredited Fit2Fit
Face Fit Testing Provider.
The 4 speakers above will be providing insightful messages, talking from personal experience and passing on their knowledge within the field of asbestos removal and health and safety.
Topics covered will include:
• Employers / landlords duty of care and legal obligations
• What to do when you detect asbestos or suspect contamination
• Arranging surveys and safe removals
• Building employee awareness
• Asbestos regulations
• Increasing awareness of asbestos related illnesses (from direct and indirect exposure)
• Fitting of the correct Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE)
• Wearing the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• General health and safety in relation to asbestos
The highlight of the conference will be Mavis and Ray Nye speaking from personal experience of how Mavis contracted mesothelioma, a cancer caused by contact with her husbands contaminated clothing. It is hoped that their story will build awareness about the dangers of asbestos and help families in the Bailiwick dealing with similar experiences and diseases resulting from asbestos exposure.
ASR ltd, The Wing,Courtil Pierre,Rue De Buttes,St Andrews,Guernsey GY6 8XS