What benefits are there if I join the GRLA?
- Access to experienced landlords who want to encourage good letting practices in Guernsey and are happy to share their experiences and offer advice and support.
- We have produced a booklet ‘A Landlords Guide to Residential Lettings and Code of Good Practice’, and can be downloaded from the website, or posted to you on request using our ‘Contact us’ form on the website. This is also available at places like Citizens Advice. Due to publishing costs, the most up-to-date version will be the one on the website.
- We hold 2 or 3 open meetings a year where landlords can get together and discuss problems or common issues. We usually invite 1 or 2 guest speakers to talk to us about relevant topics.
- We are sometimes asked to participate in feedback to various public consultations and topical issues, by both States bodies and the media. So the more members we have the greater respect and influence we can have. This benefits all our members.
- We have produced this website which includes a private members area. There you will see our Constitution and details of Council members, reports and newsletters and useful information, and possible offers from companies that might provide us with services such as buildings insurance and cleaning.
- Prospective tenants are offered advice and can message us with their rental requirements.