What will the Regulation of Housing Law entail when it is introduced?
This law will include
- the introduction of a health and safety rating system
- introduction of basic housing standards
- enforcement measures for rented dwellings
- a deposit protection scheme
- registration of all rental properties
- licensing system for HMO’s
- preventing landlords from advertising their rental property as ‘No children’ unless it meets the following – it’s a care facility or residential home, or reserved for particular persons, or a head lease or planning condition prevents families due to the amenity required for neighbours, or it needs to comply with Environmental Health Guidelines in respect of overcrowding.